A delicious recipe for Shrove Tuesday – try it with Ogilvy’s Raw Balkan Lime Honey.
Serves 4 (4 large pancakes or 8 thinner pancakes)
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 75ml milk
- 1 tablespoon of Balkan Lime honey
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of half an orange
- 25g butter
For the honey sauce
- Juice of half an orange
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 25g butter
- 1 tablespoon Balkan Lime honey
- 1 orange peeled and cut into segments
- Balkan Lime honey to drizzle
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl or large jug (easier to pour into the frying pan), add the eggs and beat with a whisk. Gradually add the milk a little at a time and beat until you have a smooth batter. Add the orange rind, a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of honey and beat into the mixture.
- Add the ingredients for the sauce to a small saucepan and bring to the boil, turn down the heat and cook for about 10 minutes until the mixture has reduced and is syrupy. Allow to cool a little before serving.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, pour off any excess and keep for the next pancake. Add some of the mixture and cook over a medium heat, turning so each side is golden. Keep warm in the oven while you repeat the pancake process.
- Stack the pancakes on a warm plate